Downloading GIFs from Twitter is fast and easy. In the web version of the service, you don’t need to download any app to save the file on Android, iOS, or PC. Just copy the URL and go to the SaveTweetVid website.
Those who don’t give up on the social network application need not worry. Added two compatible programs and how to save your favorite animated images.
Check out suggestions for the best tools to increase your GIF gallery and even create your own files
How to download GIFs from Twitter without using an app (online)
To carry out the process below, you must access Twitter through your computer browser or cell phone. The solution does not work for links copied from the social network app. It can also be used to download videos from Twitter.
1. Access the Twitter site by the browser for smartphone or PC. If you are not logged in, log in to your account;
two. When you find the tweet with the GIF you want to save, on the cellphone, tap on the share icon located below the image. on the computer, click on the last icon below the image, an up arrow;
3. In the menu that opens, choose Copy link to Tweet;
4. Now open a new tab and go to the website SaveTweetVid. Paste the link in the highlighted box and go to Download;
- To paste the link on the phone, tap on the box and hold for a few seconds. Soon, you will see the option To paste.
5. On the next screen, click on Download Gif;
6. Wait for the process to complete and click again Download;
7. On the cell phone, the GIF is saved in the default downloads folder, while on the computer, the user defines in which folder the content should be saved.
How to download GIF from Twitter on Android (app)
To download Twitter GIFs through the social networking app for Android, we recommend the Tweet2gif app.
1. Machete Download Tweet2Gif app on your Android phone;
two. Then open the Twitter app. When you find the tweet with the GIF you want to download, tap on the share icon, located below the image;
3. In the menu that opens, go to me copy link;
4. Now open Tweet2Gif. Paste the copied link where the URL is written and go to Download GIF;
- To paste the link, tap on the screen and hold for a few seconds. Soon, you will see the option To paste.
5. A progress bar will appear, through which you can follow the procedure to be completed. The file will be saved in the folder. Tweet2Gif.
How to download Twitter GIF on iPhone (app)
If you want to download animated GIFs from the Twitter app on your iPhone (iOS), our suggestion is the GIFwrapped app.
1. Machete GIFwrapped app download;
two. Open the Twitter app and, on the tweet with the GIF you want to download, tap on the up arrow icon above, below the image;
3. In the menu that opens, choose Share Tweet by and then go to Copy link to Tweet;
4. Then open the GIFWrappe app. Paste the link in the search bar and go to search;
5. Wait for the process to complete, then tap on the up arrow icon in the lower left corner of the screen;
6. Complete the download in the option Save Image from the iPhone menu.
Websites and apps for downloading GIFs
For those who love to make conversations and posts even more fun with GIFs, the more options for downloading files of the genre, the better. To make your collection even bigger, we recommend some sites and apps to download and create your own GIFs.
One of the largest collections of GIFs on the internet, Giphy also lets you create and share your own animated files. You can find the perfect image for your post by typing your desired term in the search bar. Or by exploring the categories in which they are separated.
If you want to use the GIF creation tool, you will need to create an account on the service. Then, you can use as raw material a video file from your computer or the link to content from YouTube, Vimeo and other similar platforms.
2. Make the GIF
Make a GIF is a site more focused on the production of GIFs. But that doesn’t mean the platform doesn’t offer a rich library of images. The user can find the item they want by typing the term or tag listed in the search bar on the home page.
Easy to use, the service lets you create GIFs from photos, videos from the gallery, YouTube, Facebook or webcam. If you already have an image ready, you can also make it available for others to use.
The creation tool is very complete. User can choose file quality and start and end period within a video. The speed and playing time of the GIF must also be set.
You don’t need to create an account to produce, but you can join a plan premium to remove watermark, make content in HD, among other benefits.
- Make the GIF (free with paid plan option): web
Tenor has a web version, which provides a rich library, and another for mobile devices, in the form of a GIF keyboard. On the site, users simply search for the desired term to find a wide variety of images. If you like, you can also export GIFs created by you on another platform.
The edition for Android and iPhone is the Tenor GIF Keyboard. The app makes it possible to use this file type in different programs (which support the format). Among them, iMessage, SMS messages, among other options. The user can also save the link to a file to paste wherever they want.